To publish ArcGIS Server web services that access the data in your SAP HANA database (whether the database contains a geodatabase or not), your ArcGIS Server site must connect to the database. To configure that connection, you need to do the following:
- Install and configure SAP HANA client software on the ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Pro machines.
- Grant privileges on the data to be published.
- Connect to the database.
- Register the connection file with your ArcGIS Server site.
Install and configure the SAP HANA client
Install and configure the 64-bit SAP HANA client on each ArcGIS Server machine that will connect to SAP HANA.
If your ArcGIS Server site is composed of multiple server machines, you must install and configure the 64-bit SAP HANA client on each server.
If you do not have the privileges to install software on the machines where ArcGIS Server is running, you'll need to have your IT department install and configure the SAP HANA client for you.
See Connect to SAP HANA from ArcGIS for instructions.
The login used to connect to the database must have specific privileges granted to it. For logins that will only publish read-only services, grant the privileges for a data viewer as described in Privileges for using ArcGIS with an SAP HANA database and Privileges for geodatabases in SAP HANA. For logins that will publish editable feature services, grant the privileges for a data editor.
If the data is in a geodatabase, the data owner must grant the required privileges to the data. If the data is in a database, the data owner can grant privileges from ArcGIS or the database administrator can use database tools to grant the privileges.
Connect to SAP HANA
You'll need the following information to register an SAP HANA database with an ArcGIS Server site:
- The type of database platform to which you are connecting (in this case, SAP HANA).
- The ODBC data source name for the SAP HANA database.
- Authentication type set to database authentication (operating system authentication is not supported).
- A valid database user name and password, which must be saved with the connection.
Register with ArcGIS Server
You can register the database from ArcGIS Server Manager, the Manage registered data stores pane in ArcGIS Pro. If the ArcGIS Server site is federated with an ArcGIS Enterprise portal, you can register the database by adding a user-managed data store item in the portal.
See the following for an explanation of registration options and how to register the database: